CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Mouse and other Stories

I have started attending the best church in the world. Wesleyan Evangelistic Church in Dayton, Ohio. John Manley is the pastor. I absolutely love going. Not only are the church services meaningful and uplifting, the people are awesome. One, in particular, needs mentioned :Grace Anne. Truly a Proverbs 31 woman. She has two daughters, sixteen and two years old. Every weekend she allows Jessica and I to invade her family on Saturday night so we don't have to get up early and drive to Dayton from Cinci. She fixes the best home cooked meals I have had in a long time. Aside from the two of us, Grace Anne has another family of five over for dinner every Sunday and sometimes they spent Sat. night too. Her house is absolutely kept immaculate, which brings me to the mouse story!
Saturday night was a CRAZY night. We didn't get to the house until after nine because Jessica was teaching piano lessens at the church and we were so tired. Anyway, I was sitting on the couch when Grace Anne walked through the kitchen and stopped to pick up a piece of "dirt." It was actually a slug! So Jessica grabbed the salt and we tried to get rid of the thing. A few minutes later I ran up stairs to change. On my way back down I saw something running on the stairs. Of course it was a mouse. I stopped with my feet on two different steps. The mouse was not even as long as my finger and it crouched in the corner at the other end of the step. It really was cute. I called for Jessica, trying to be as quiet as I could because I didn't want it to move off the stairs. Jessica called for Dave (Grace Anne's husband). I knew if I called Grace Anne she would scream, but she came along with Dave. Dave grabbed a kitchen towel and came at me and the mouse. The mouse ran straight for my foot. I screamed and jumped backwards and up a few steps. I was so scared that it would run up my leg! Finally we got it outside. (No, we didn't kill it!) Grace Anne was mortified and kept asking if we were scared to sleep in her house.
This post is getting too long so I am going to end it. Tune in next time to read...The Other Stories!

1 comments:

coffeechica said...

hey girl! this post made me laugh really hard! cool blog!

have a great week :P