CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Resting

Every once in awhile we college students get a day of rest. Rest from the everyday grind and tedious schedules we are forced to keep "during the best years of our life." Our brains sit idle while we laze on the couch eating potato chips and watching movies. I must say, dear friends and prayer partners, I am looking forward to it. Thanksgiving break is coming. The end is in sight.

There is, however, another thought I would like to share. Though I truly enjoy the few days at Thanksgiving to recuperate from the busyness of life, I am learning that resting on God is more important. The thought finally penetrated my mind and heart this week. God had a lot to say. The words of a song that I posted earlier kept running through my mind: "And even as I lay my all at Your feet, oh Lord, still I know You are worthy of more." Anything we can muster up just isn't good enough. Our good character, the people we please, the heartache we've have made it through, the many times we just do "the right thing"or make the right decision is not good enough. That thought is so depressing at first, but the most amazing thing is that God isn't asking us to be "good enough." He doesn't require us to prove ourselves worthy of His love and grace. He just gives it! We can actually rest on the fact that we are not perfect, and never will be, because God loves us anyway!

Truly resting is nice.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I say, "Praise the Lord!" :) Love you.