CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Jo's Jolting Journey

Well, dear friends, I am considering a name change. Not my personal name, but the name of my blog. Speaking of a change in name directs my thoughts to the change of ones name when one is married. This in turn makes me think about dating which again causes me to ponder the "relationship status" option on the illustrious Facebook site.

***"Ahhumm." Clearing her throat she stepped up on her soapbox.

What is the purpose of this option? It makes my laugh wholeheartedly. Say you begin your Facebook page with the declaration that you are single. A few weeks into the new school year you meet your "one true love." Time to change your status. All is well for several weeks (some make it months) then the relationship status is on the proverbial rocks. So now "It's complicated?" This particular status, in my personal opinion, serves a dual purpose..."I want to date, but he/she won't date me." So at best "it's complicated" advertises that a relationship is struggling and reader should wait patiently for an update. If couples counseling (well intended friends determined to give well meaning relationship advice) works well status update is "in a relationship." If not "single" is the best option. Let's not forget that all of this is publically displayed for your "friends" on the Facebook home page. Then you have to deal with all your friends inquiring about why you are now "single." How stressful!

Now let me say that I am not, by any means, demeaning those who choose to utilize this option. You are simply stronger than I am, which is why I chose to remove that option from my profile. When I removed it the feed on the home page stated "Kimberly is no longer single." For all of my friends that are inquiring...wait patiently.

The explanation of a name change will have to wait. This post is getting too long.

2 comments:

Leanna said...

Cute post! I can't wait to see you too, girl! My summer is going fast and has been eventful enough to satisfy me. I'll be back by the 13th already so we'll have to hang out. Hope your summer has been fantastic as well.

Brittany said...

OK, so I know this sounds stupid butyou left me a a comment and I have absolutely no idea who you are.You wanna enlighten me please?